1. Start by clicking the Tools > Accounts.
2. Click the Mail tab. Click Add and select Mail.
3. Enter you full name in the Display Name field. Then, click Next.
4. Enter your email address in the E-mail address field.
5. On the E-mail Server Names page, complete your information as follows:
My incoming mail server is aPOP3 or IMAP.(this depends on your own preference)
Incoming mail (POP3, IMAP) server : serverhostname.comOutgoing mail (SMTP) server : serverhostname.com
(serverhostname refers to the name of the server that is hosting your email.
the server hostname can be found from your web hosting control panel server information section )
Incoming mail (POP3, IMAP) server : mail.domain.comOutgoing mail (SMTP) server : mail.domain.com
(replace your OWN domain name for domain)
Then, click Next.
6. In the Account Name and Password fields, enter your email address and password, and then click Next.
7. On the setup confirmation page, click Finish.
8. On the Mail tab, select the account you just created, and then click Properties.
9. Go to the Servers tab.
10. Select My server requires authentication, and then click Apply.
11. Go to the Advanced tab.
12. In the Server Port Numbers section,
Incoming POP : 995
Incoming IMAP : 993
Outgoing for POP and IMAP : 465
Incoming POP : 110
Incoming IMAP : 143
Outgoing for POP and IMAP : 587
13. Click OK.
That’s it! We’ve successfully setup an email account and can now start sending and receiving email to and from that account from Outlook Express.
Click the Close button to exit setup.
Remember that you also have to create that email address in your hosting account before it will work.